Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Start Here Tomorrow...

So. Here we are. After much consideration (& a little cajoling), I've started a blog. Congratulations, how very 2003 of me. Guess the internet's officially over now, huh? Above all else, I should probably view this as more of the "late nite cable talk show" version of my other social media postings. I mean, if you really know me (or even just know me a little bit in real life), the idea of unlimited word-count is soooo much more the "Matty style". Don't get me wrong, I like having to pare down what I have to say to 140 characters or less from time to time as an exercise in koan-like precision but... more is more.

Another advantage is not getting inadvertently caught in some ridiculous flamewar of misinterpretation w/some friend of a friend or distantly-related family member who just happens to catch some random comment you make in a thread & just runs w/yr winky little inside-joke in the most unintended direction. Next thing ya know, you're just wasting energy doing damage control on something you never actually said w/somebody you never actually met! No, if you're here & reading this-- you are clearly HERE reading THIS. That's not say I'm belaboring under some false pretense of keeping this thing "invite only" or what have you, nor should this be taken as a sign that I'm now flying the flag for a friendlier "snark-free" internet. (Yeah, me, right?!) No, I welcome it-- in fact, if there was an Ellis Island for this here system of tubes, there should probably be a plaque there that'd read: "Give us yr nerdy, yr perverted, yr anonymous snark... Actually, nothing could possibly say "wecolme to the web!" more.

So, what am I hoping to accomplish with this &/or what can you come to expect from this blog thing? Well, more often than not it'll probably contain something music &/or comic book related. Those being the two big poles that I've bounced between for my entire existence- could it really be anything less?! I'm sure there'll be other things that I'll find worthy to rake over the coals and dissect as well. Most likely I'll piss people off along the way and hilariously wacky hijinks will ensue- personally, I can't wait!

Tearin' down walls & findin' out where you fans really stand...



2 comments:

  1. I can comment on your blog? oh fun! now I need to figure out how to become a "follower." At least I hope that means I just follow the blog and don't actually turn into a 6'5" lemming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on "follower". Not so jazzed on it meself. However, "Persons most likely to enjoy this and regularly return" is far too clunky an alternative...

    ReplyDelete